*Okay some of them aren’t rock but are still awesome.
25. The Coventry Carol- Alison Moyet
Okay bad start. The start is sort of mysterious. The lyrics are pretty well done as well. A little lengthy though at 3 and a half minutes.
24. I Only Want You for Christmas- Alan Jackson
It’s technically Christmas Country Rock. I love the lyric “Tie a ribbon around yourself”. The solos are pretty nice. Ho! Ho! Ho!
23. Jingle Bell Rock- Bobby Helms
A classic. What more can I say?
22. Last Christmas- Wham
This is sort of a sad song. But it’s still well sung.
21. So This Is Christmas- John Lennon
Oldie but a goodie. War is over.
20. Rockin’ Around The Christmas Tree- Brenda Lee
Like #23 this is a classic, good sax solo, and it’s short at only two minutes!
19. I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus- John Mellencamp
This is a great twist that ‘the Cougar’ puts on this classic. Like how the end turns into just kids singing.
18. Christmas Cannon- Tran-Siberian Orchestra
Just a wondrous song. Every part seems like Christmas magic. Expect more TSO coming up!
17. Back Door Santa- Bon Jovi
Strange but original song, good guitar work and it’s pretty humorous . It’s live too.
16. Elf’s Lament- Barenaked Ladies
The chorus is so great. “I…. make toys but I’ve got aspirations!” The lyrics are so funny and it’s upbeat which a great change from most Christmas music is.
15. Run Rudolph Run- Bryan Adams
This song is a classic. I’m not sure if Home Alone made this popular but it probably helped. Good guitar solo too.
14. Snoopy’s Christmas- Royal Guardsmen
Tricks ya at the start with it’s Taunenbaum song but quickly goes into awesomeness. “Merry Christmas… My Friend!”
13. We Three Kings- The Beach Boys
This is the only version of this song that I listen too (well there’s one other). The Beach Boys harmony is amazing.
12. Christmas for Cowboys- John Denver
I’m not going to pretend this is rock. It’s not even country, it’s John Denver. Really amazing song.
11. It Feels Like Christmas- The Lettermen
I don’t know why but this song always strikes a chord with me. Just the story is well done.
10. Blue Christmas- Elvis
Start the top 10 with a bang, Elvis is amazing.
9. Wizards of Winter- Tran-Siberian Orchestra
A real great piece of music. If you haven’t seen the music videos for it here you go:
8. Gabriel’s Message- Sting
A really strange song. Has no instruments except drums. Just a ton of great work with voices and it’s only 2 minutes.
7. Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)- U2
One of my favourite U2 songs period. Baby please come home!
6. God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen/We Three Kings- Barenaked Ladies feat: Sarah McLachlan
This is the second one I mentioned with the Beach Boys. The beat is great and Sarah’s singing is too.
5. Merry Christmas Baby- Bruce Springsteen
A long one (5 minutes) but a great one. Entertains me the whole way through.
4. Here Comes Santa Claus- Elvis Presley
Now were in the serious stuff. Just the changes in rhythm are enough to make this song awesome, combine that with Elvis’ voice and the background singers.
3.Christmas is the Time to Say I Love You- Billy Squire
Cool intro with the guitars. I don’t listen to Billy Squire but this is a great song period. Lyrics are fun and simple.
2. Wonderful Christmas Time- Paul McCartney
Love the intro. The beat is awesome. Lyrics are great.
1. Carol of the Bells (Christmas Eve/Sarajevo 12/24)- Tran-Siberian Orchestra
God! A start slow and leads you in then bam! Guitars! Woot! Carol of the Bells on its own is a great song. Add in guitars like they do and wow. The guitars dragging combined with the fury of pianos then the big explosion! Bam bam bam bam bam! Then the ending with everything going absolutely crazy! I compare it to Halo's theme music MJOLNIR mix. It’s great. #1 always!
Honourable Mention: Aspenglow by John Denver, just got into this song and love it.
P.S. When are they going to put some of these in Rock Band or Guitar Hero, especially the last two
Fascinating Facts That'll Pulverize Your Boredom
21 minutes ago