Monday, November 17, 2008

Pasta Reviews: Compliments, ESM and TJK

Compliments is Sobey's microwave line I'm guessing.
  • Penne Pollo- First it takes four minutes to cook, which is longer than usual. And I also have to say that the packaging itself seemed to get soggy almost. There was a hole in the bottom as well. Anyway the pasta was good, and so was the sauce.
  • Swedish Meatballs- I was surprised by this one. I haven't really ever tried Swedish meatballs and they were good. The sauce was nice, the didn't skimp on anything.
  • Fettuccine Alfredo- Come out looking like crap but looks okay as you eat it. Pretty plain though. Noodles are kind of tough.
  • Macaroni & Cheese- Good, didn't skimp on the cheese, it was very nice.
  • I should note I didn't try the Spaghetti because I'm tired of eating microwave spaghetti that tastes like crap. So that wraps up my Compliments reviews, overall I enjoyed it more than Wal-Marts, so if you're a college student looking for cheap microwave pasta, go with Sobey's over Wal-Mart
Turtle Jacks- Four Cheese Cajun Chicken Penne
At first I was considering choosing another item. I'm not a fan of foods that pride themselves in burning my mouth. But it had a turtle beside it so it must be good. So the pasta is pretty good. I was surprised it didn't seemed to have much spice at all. My parents pointed that out as well (they both got it too) The serving was perfect and it tasted great. The chicken was pretty sparse but good though.

Pasta Rating
Pasta Name: Four Cheese Cajun Chicken Penne
Taste: Pretty good. Nothing special though
Size: Perfect size.
Overall: 8.5/10

Dessert Rating
Dessert Name: Turtle Pie
Taste: Great! I love cheesecake. Could have used more caramel though.
Size: Great
Overall: 9/10

East Side Mario's- Bucatini Chicken Amatricana
Aside from being a handful to say, I've never even heard of Bucatini pasta before, basically it's a thick spaghetti. Overall the pasta was very good and was delicious.

Pasta Rating
Pasta Name: Bucatini Chicken Amatricana
Taste: Delicious
Size: Perfect
Overall: 9/10

Dessert Rating
Dessert Name: New York Style Cheesecake
Taste: I love New York cheesecake! YUM! It came with a little cup that had the strawberry sauce. It's was fu*king awesome.
Size: Beautiful
Overall: 10/10


No comments: