Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Remembrance Day (controversy in me)

I remember that Remembrance Day was so easy as a kid. You wore a poppy and sang the national anthem and sat during the presentation. Me, Slayer and Kahlan even made a little movie for the high school T.V. broadcast (featuring Pink Floyd!). But now things are different, it's gotten so much harder for me to support. Many people connect today with today's war, which I don't support at all! Even then there's World War I, which I hate thinking about. On one hand, Canada's men died by the thousands. On the other hand, why? It wasn't for our freedoms, I refuse to believe that. I know that World War I was a pointless war, only good for the bankers funding it. It kills me to say that. And they knew it back then too. On Christmas some stopped fighting and played soccer and gave gifts. Sorry but you don't stop fighting for your freedoms to play soccer, even on Christmas!

World War II on the other hand is easier to get behind, mainly because the Germans were actually evil at that time (at least the Nazis were). But they weren't during WWI, they were just as naive as we were. Come on, people really believe that Canada was going to be enslaved by German if we lost WWI? I remember hearing one teacher of mine say that if it wasn't for us winning WWI we'd be learning German right now. Sorry but no. Germany wouldn't be able to invade England to begin with and they probably would have cut France a deal like we did Germany.

One thing that bothered me today is that when we had the minute of silence some people didn't stand up. Fuck some people were still on their fucking laptops! At least be fucking respectful you pricks!

My last point is that time passes to fucking quickly. For some reason between Oct 31st and Nov. 11th I never seem to be anywhere where there's a poppy to buy.

P.S. WHO THE FUCK THOUGHT THAT IS WAS A GOOD IDEA TO HAVE A GUY WHO CAN'T SING CROAK OUT: GOOD Things GroOow In ON-TARIoOo!


----------------
Now playing: Pink Floyd - When The Tigers Broke Free
via FoxyTunes

No comments: