Friday, December 12, 2008

Thoughts on Bobby Leavin' 43

Well a couple hours ago I learned the Bobby Labonte and Petty Enterprises separated ways. This is sad to me because I enjoyed watching Bobby race in the Yellow/Blue 43 (actually he probably wouldn't be yellow/blue next year anyway with General Mills gone). I actually wanted Bobby gone before that, because to be honest, Petty Enterprises has been a crappy team for awhile, not because of Bobby, but just a bad win to sponsorship ratio. Their last good year was 1999, and then Adam Petty died in 2000, after that Andretti stopped performing and Kyle stopped performing.

They've had tons of drivers too, Greg Biffle, Jerry Nadeau, Jeff Green and others, all only getting a couple of top 10s. Then Bobby came and brought some life to the company, getting 3 top 5s and 8 top 10s in 2006.

In 2007 I don't know what happened, did the quality of cars stop? It seems like the cars could only get him around the top 20 as that was his average start and finish. And it carried over to 2008.

When Bobby does find a new team that might mean he'll have to adjust and that could mean a slow start. Luckily Mark Martin's coming back this year so I'll be able to root for both of them.

Here's how my 2009 Favourites Team are:
Favourite- Mark Martin
Star- Kyle Busch (Don't Hate Me)
Veteran- Tony Stewart
Rookie/Noob- ?? Possibly David Regan, Scott Speed (but I don't like Red Bull), Ryan Newman or Hell, Carl Edwards
Underdog- Bobby Labonte, or Ryan Newman/David Regan if Bobby some how doesn't get a ride

No comments: