Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Operation McRib




Well all I can say is thank God it's over. It was a long day. My objective: McRib. My course of attack: I left for the bus at 4:50 P.M. which arrived promptly at 5:03 P.M. The 1st Avenue bus would take me to the terminal so I could get onto the Woodlawn St. bus (I could've waited for the Woodlawn bus at the school but I was cold and lazy). So I take Woodlawn to Wal-Mart. And of course, the Wal-Mart McDonalds doesn't have McRibs! And of course, you could only find this out on a McRibs sign at a place that had McRibs. So I'd have to wait 20 minutes for the bus to come back. Okay then I'll grab Jenni some Easter crap while I wait (which I needed to do anyway). All the stuff was 50% off! So I bought the stuff then walked out to the bus stop, realized I had another 10 minutes, went back in, bought more stuff, and then got on the Woodlawn bus.


I quickly devised a plan that made my do as little work as possible. I would get off at the mall, walk down the street to the McDonalds (newly built) buy the product and boot it to the Niagara St. bus across the street. Ride that bus to the mall and get on the Woodlawn St. bus when it arrived a minute later. And then ride that bus back to the school and walk to my residence. And surprisingly it all worked like clock work. (Except when I got back to my Residence my key card didn't work on my door requiring me to go to the front desk, thanks for pissing on my victory) (Note: my diagram above. Too small? I don't give a rats ass. Paint sucks) After that it was just me finally enjoying the fruits of my labour:
McRib (Plain) Price: $3.69
My God was it ever worth it! The best bbq sauce I'd ever tasted. The bun was perfect, it sort of looks like a small submarine. But dam was it good.
McRib (w. toppings) w. Meal Price: $5.99
I was sort of skeptical about this. Why did they even bother putting anything on something that's already perfect? Eating this really made me open my mind. It was like wow, pickles and onions are amazing. Both in texture and taste.
Ratings:
McRib (Plain): 10/10
McRib (Toppings): 10/10
I highly reccomend that you try both. They really skimp you on the sauce if you have toppings. Really this sandwich is legendary and now I know why.
On a side note try out the McRib light show game. It's pretty fun. http://www.mcrib.com/

No comments: