Monday, March 24, 2008

Stinger503's Movie Fiesta!

Over the next couple weeks I'll be watching and reviewing several movies I've missed over the 2007 year (and some before that). Superbad, Blood Diamond & Last King of Scotland for example. So I figured I'd start off with The Departed being it Saint Pattie's Day a week ago (actually I just made that reason up after watching the movie).

My God did it ever deserve Best Picture. There wasn't a moment were I wasn't riveted to the movie! It was simply amazing! Alec Baldwin, Martin Sheen, Leo DiCaprio, Matt Damon, Jack Nicholson, Mark Wahlburg, all at the top of their game. The story was extremely gritty but realistic. The directing by Martin Scorsese was great, he had definantly learned from Goodfellas and even though these movies are both about organized crime, you wouldn't know it. In all this movie was just plain brilliant!

Acting: 10/10
Atmosphere: 10/10
Story: 10/10
Overall: 10/10
Rated 18A (CAN) R (USA)
Highly recommended!

*EDIT*:P.S. I have to commend the sound people for their taste I music as this movie featured both "Gimmie Shelter" by the Rolling Stones and "Comfortably Numb" by Pink Floyd

No comments: