Friday, March 28, 2008

Movie Review: Superbad

Superbad
This movie had a lot of hype surrounding it when it came out. And I've only been able to get it now. I thought that it wasn't the funniest movie I've ever seen (Borat, Napoleon Dynamite) but it did have it's moments. It was very easy to get attached to the characters though, for me at least. I found the police characters to be kind of annoying. I think my problem with them was that they weren't antagonists. Because in the movie there isn't really a antagonist and that bothered me subconsciously I think. Nothing really got in their way at all. Still it had a heartwarming type of feel to it which I appreciate I guess you could say.

Acting: 9/10
Story: 6/10
Atmosphere: 8/10
Overall: 7/10
Rated 14A (ONT) R (USA) Watch it and you'll like it.

*P.S. What's up with all these good comedies that have a cartoony sort of look, Napoleon Dynamite started it. Here's the list of movies I can think of that fit in with it
  • Nacho Libre
  • Knocked Up?
  • Anchorman?
  • Borat
  • Juno
  • Superbad
  • That's all I can think of I hope it keeps going though

No comments: