Monday, March 16, 2009

The Real Problem with the Music Industry

It ain't downloading. It's quality. No ones buying albums because there's nothing to buy! They just don't make music like they used to. I will show you a clear cut example. See how many future classics you can find in 2008:

2008 #1 on charts:
Low by Flo Rida?
Love in this Club by Usher?
Bleeding Love by Leona Lewis?
Touch My Body by Mariah Carey?
Lollipop by Lil Wayne?
Coldplay, whatever
I Kissed A Girl, a song no ones gonna give a shit about in a yea...oh wait we already don't give a shit
Disturbia by Rihanna?
Whatever You Like by T.I.?
So What by Pink?
Live Your Life by T.I. Featuring Rihanna?
Womanizer by Britney Spears??
and finally Single Ladies by Beyonce?

That's the best 2008 had to offer? What a joke! Let's look at 1978:

Some Beegees, Wings, Rolling Stones, Anne Murray Barbra Streisand and Donna Summer

How about 68?:
Beatles right off the bat, Simon and Garfunkel, The Doors, The Rascals, More Beatles, Marvin Gaye and Diana Ross

This year is even WORSE!

We've got Just Dance by Lady Gaga?? My Life Would Suck Without You by Kelly Clarkson? Crack a Bottle by Dr. Dre, Eminem and 50 Cent? Right Round by Flo Rida? Fuck me who listens to this shit!?

Lets look at 1979 then shall we?:
Bee Gees, Chic, Rod Stewart, Gloria Gaynor's "I will Survive", Doobie Brothers, Blondie, Donna Summer, My Sharona by the Knacks, Michael Jackson, Eagles, Styx and a bit more Barbra Streisand.

How about 69 then?:
Marvin Gaye's "Heard it Through the Grapevine", Sly & The Family Stone, Beatles, Rolling Stones, The Archies' "Sugar, Sugar", Temptations, More Beatles, Steam, Diana Ross and fucking Elvis!

I REST MY CASE.

P.S. I should also note you would have also had guys like Jimi Hendrix, Pink Floyd, Supertramp, Tom Petty, CCR, George Baker Selection, Bob Marley, Led Zeppelin, AC/DC, Cream, David Bowie, and many other all making ground breaking music at that time too.

No comments: