Sunday, March 15, 2009

Movie Review: Traitor

Traitor stars Don Cheadle as Samir, a Islamic man who has ties to the C.I.A. His handler, or boss, is Carter played by Jeff Daniels. Guy Pearce plays an F.B.I. agent who doesn't know this and is hunting Samir.

The tension is that Samir's father was killed by a car bomb as a child and it isn't known which side he's really on. Does he help the terrorists or save lives?

Just like in the last review I did, Body of Lies, there's a false flag terror attack committed by the good guys.

To me the movie was bland, again like Body of Lies, it just didn't drum up enough excitement. I liked Jeff Daniels in it but he doesn't play a role long enough. The story just seems boring, it's a lot like the Siege but without any of the material that made the Siege so interesting.

Acting: 8/10
Story: 7/10
Atmosphere: 7/10
Overall: 7.5/10
Rated: 18-A (ONT) R (USA)

P.S. The movie was written and produced by Steve Martin, which I thought was kind of strange

No comments: