Sunday, January 25, 2009

Game Review: Gears of War 2

Wow Gears of War 2 is what Call of Duty 4 was last year. Non-stop fun. Seriously you ride in almost anything imaginable and have some seriously fun fighting.

The story is where I lost my faith in Official Xbox Magazine's reviews. They called it hokey. I called it badass. There's an obvious set up for a 3rd Gears which I can't wait for. Basically there's a main plot of defeating the locust but a side plot with Dom looking for his family. It's a great story. And OXM said Gears 1's story was better. What drugs are they on?

The fighting is the same as Gear's 1 which is to say great. There aren't many new weapons, except the motar launcher and I think the carryable machine gun. One of the greatest parts of the game was in the giant fucking worm. I remember reading someone bitching about it. People, they wanted to mix it up! It was fucking awesome!

The multiplayer is god damned hilarious fun. My roommate and I both play Horde often and someone'll die then the other will get sawed in half from behind and we'll both laugh about it. While the multiplayer does take awhile to find a match once you get one it's just a fun/frustrating as the first Gears.

Programming: 10/10 : I've had 1 minor bug and they've patched so many glitches and cheats
Graphics: 10/10 : In Gears tradition Epic games blasts this out of the park
Story: 10/10 : An intense thrill ride with some emotional parts
Atmosphere: 10/10 : Amazing. Seriously a giant f'ing worm
Multiplayer: 10/10 : Horde is amazing, haven't gotten to deep in the multi but it's fun
Overall: 10/10 : One of the best gaming experiences of the year

No comments: