Monday, October 26, 2009

This Week in Fantasy Sports

College Football
Maulers vs Greenville Tigers : Projected- Maulers by 55
Actual: Maulers 71 to 149 Tigers
Analysis: Well, what more can you say? The projection showed me by 55, then the other team won by OVER 55. Just complete team failures across the board. QB Reesing? Who's lowest score was 14? Only 9 points! My USC defense? Who I thought would bounce back from last weeks off game? 6 points! No one got over 12 points! And then look at the other team with three players with over 25 points! He could have just had those players play, left the rest off, and still would have won. Sad.
Trades: What can you do really? It was pathetic. I'll look through the wavers, but they just need to play better. I'll also let Johnson play over Reesing.

Niagara Stingers vs Salem Downpour : Projected- Stingers by 19
Actual: Stingers 118 to 161 Downpour
Analysis: Another rout. My team has been getting hit hard with players going cold. Wake Forest, a former powerhouse giving me tons of points, seems to be crashing like the Red Baron. Dez Bryant, my #1 drafted WR, was suspended. My team that was unbeatable two weeks ago, now has suffered an embarrassing loss.
Trades: Fortunately it's not all bad. This week has pointed out where the holes in the ship are and hopefully I can plug the holes. Unlike the Maulers, the Stingers are trying to maintain their lead, not playing catchup. This is good because I can start to look at the final weeks coming up.

NFL Football
Caledonia Stingers vs DogvsDog: Projected- Stingers by 13
Actual: Stingers 129 to 115
Analysis: Roethlisberger, only got 13. As did my reserve Warner. Luckily both my RBs, Grant and Slaton, did amazing, with 20 and 18 points respectively. But BOY did patience play off when I picked up Austin last week while he was on bye. He gave me 29 points! Wouldn't have won without him. My Vikings Defense, Rice-WR, and Carney-K, all did well too. Gates also put up respectable points.
Trades: Johnson-WR got injured late in the game, but will hopefully be good to go next week. My team very strong. Even with Roethlisberger's weak game, we were still the best team in the league (of course there's still a game on tonight)

Hamilton Maulers vs First Down Syndrome: Projected- Syndrome by 2
Actual: Maulers 127 to 63 Syndrome
Analysis: Brady did well and Benson-RB got a great 24 points. Lynch-RB, Collie-WR, Smith-WR and Wallace-WR all did well. Carney again did well. Finally, the Eagles Defense put me in front of the entire league. Which is great.
Trades: Miller had another weak game, have to find another TE.

No comments: