Sunday, July 27, 2008

My E3 Thoughts...

E3 is/was the Christmas of my gaming religion. The Electronic Entertainment Expo is my Mecca. Unfortunately, this year I was on vacation the same week as the show. But now that I've gotten a chance to take it all in, here are my thoughts on Microsoft presentation and miscellaneous E3 items:



Microsofts Presentation


  • Fallout 3 looks bloody amazing! (And I'm not kidding about the blood)

  • Resident Evil 5 comes out March 13! Can you say birthday present for me?!

  • Fable 2 is going to be a must by for me this year. It looks incredible!

  • All I can say about the Gears of War 2 trailer they showed: Damn!

  • All I can say about the Gears of War 2 demo they showed: GOD DAMN!

  • How the hell am I going to afford Fable 2, Gears of War 2 and Fallout 3?

  • Live Party (you and friends able to talk and go into different game instantly) sounds sweet.

  • Primetime, which is basically a game show channel where you compete and possibly win prizes, looks amazing! Especially 1 vs. 100. My only concern is that Canada is gonna get screwed over again.

  • The dashboard update looks great, I'm also excited about the harddrive installation idea.

  • I'm uncertain about Avatars, they look better than Miis but still a little too cartoony for many people.

  • Microsoft's Lips looks fun, if it works for Rock Band 2, I may get it for Christmas! I love that you can play iPod songs on it!

  • 500 songs for Rock Band 2 is amazing! But not as amazing as AC/DC!

  • I'm not a fan of RPG's (Role Playing Games, not Rocket Propelled Grenades) by any means, but you'd have to be an idoit to not know that Square Enix and Final Fantasy are huge for the Xbox 360.

Mischellanious



  • The boys at Ensemble have done a great job with Halo Wars, it looks great, fun to control, and I'm glad it comes out next year (I can't afford more games!)

  • I Am Alive (surivial game) should be good if it's done right, which Ubisoft should be able to do.

  • Red Alert 3! Do I need to say more?

  • Fine then, the units look awesome, the buildings look awesome, Christ the landscape looks awesome! Take a look a the water in RA2-

Compared to RA3-


Need I say more?

Ghostbuster looks okay too.

Finally I have sad post E3 news, Splinter Cell has been delayed until 2009-2010!

No comments: