Saturday, July 26, 2008

Vacation Part 2

On Wednesday we went to a Camelbeach Water Park.


I went on most of the slides. Since it doubles as a ski resort during the winter it had a ski lift to take us up the mountain and that was very scenic.



After that we went Barley Creek restaurant to eat. Everything was going well until Jamie didn’t get his meal. In fact he didn’t get it till almost all of us were already done eating. I don’t even remember the name of the pasta, so I’m not even gonna bother rating it. It’s hard to judge something when there’s a distraction like that.



Thursday was a lazy day. Jordan and I sat around playing Portal. We took a break and went with the other kids to go Putt Putting. During this time my mom saw a bear! Other than that it was a pretty tame day, we had chicken and stuff for dinner.





Friday was leaving day, we packed up into the van and stopped at Muggs for breakfast. I had a Full Stack (3 pancakes (blueberry)) with two scrambled eggs and orange juice. And after what seemed like a short trip we ended up in New York City. Our hotel is the Hilton which, I have to say, is the nicest hotel I have ever been to. (Except that the Internet COSTS MONEY! WHAT IS THIS? A DISTOPIAN WORLD?) Its shower gets a rating of 10/10. It’s amazing. We walked down to Times Square and ate at Ruby Tuesdays. I had the Broccoli Chicken Pasta.

Pasta Rating
Pasta Name: Broccoli Chicken Pasta.
Taste: Amazing! Excellent! Great!
Size: Same as above!
Overall: 10/10


We then went back to our rooms before going to Broadway. The girls watched Legally Blonde (the musical) and the men went to SPAMalot which was hilarious.



After that we went back to our hotel and I played some Half-Life 2 Episode 2 and Jord played Civ III before goin’ to bed for the night.



On Saturday we went down and ate breakfast at Lindy’s, famous for its cheesecake. I had the Lindy’s Famous Big Breakfast (2 pancakes, eggs, bacon, orange juice), which is apparently a Broadway tradition.



We then hopped onto a tour bus and went around downtown. We got off at SoHo and walked around for a bit, making our way to the WTC site, then to the Battery Park to see the Statue of Liberty. After that we headed back to a bus and passed the U.N. and other stuff before getting off at Central Park and walking back to our hotel.

After that we ordered pizza and went to a MLS Soccer game (LA Galaxy vs. New York Red Bulls) it was a great game and ended in a tie 2-2.

David Beckham post game


After that we went back to the hotel before going to T.G.I. Fridays. I had the Brashetta Chicken Pasta, which I had before when I went to see Lewis Black in Detroit.

Pasta Rating
Pasta Name: Brashetta Chicken Pasta
Taste: Great!
Size: Good size
Overall: 8.5/10

After that we went back to the hotel for some sleep.

On our final day we had to put all our stuff in the car before going out for breakfast. We went to Bagel Stix where I had a two pancakes with eggs.


We then got on a tour bus for the uptown tour. The bus was going really slow because of a triathlon that was going on that day but it didn’t matter because we had the best tour guide ever.

We eventually got off at Central Park and had a nice walk through it, stopping for ice cream (I had a Strawberry Shortcake bar).


We went back to the hotel to check out before taking a stop at NBC Studios shop. I got a T-shirt and then we went to a GameStop underneath where I got Rainbow 6 Vegas 2.



Now I think they screwed me over because I think the price was $34.00 but when they asked to pay it was $50.00 (I had an Edge card), I figured with taxes and such that’s what it would be. Today I looked on the case and saw they had covered up the $34 sticker with a $54 sticker! I am 99.9% they did this because I had barely enough money to cover the $54 on me, but well more than enough for the $34. ASS!

Then me and my dad had lunch at a Sbarro (Pizza and a Sbarro Pink Lemonade) while the others had lunch at Subway.

We then left and went to our car and worked our way out of the city. After what seemed like forever we stopped for dinner, a hamburger, before finishing our journey and going home.

No comments: