Friday, August 8, 2008

Movie Reviews x3 #2

The Dark Knight





I only had one problem with the Dark Knight and that was that it was almost too dark. Like...jesus it's really the darkest movie I've ever seen. Every horror movie I've ever seen doesn't hold a candle to it (except maybe Saw III (I've never seen Saw I or II and don' t want to)) Damn the movie is dark. At least Batman Begins has some light comedy spread throughout. Another difference is the action, Begins has alot more I'd say. Batman fights probably less then 10 times and it's usually pretty short too.











However the movie is very good. The acting and atmosphere is well done. Heath Ledger is indeed as great as everyone says he is but that isn't to say Bale wasn't good. (I actually think Aaron Eckhart as Harvey Dent was the star of the show by far).





Acting: 10/10


Story: 10/10


Atmosphere: 10/10


Overall: 10/10





Rated 14-A(ONT) PG-13 (USA) Almost too dark but still astounding.





Ratatouille

Ratatouille is a fantastic movie that I regret I didn't see earlier. The plot revolves around a rat that wishes to become a chef. He befriends a janitor/inspiring chef who's related to the famous chef of the restuarant he's working at. Together they start cooking food and impress the higher ups. I thought that the voice acting was flawless and the animations were extremley well done. The characters were robust and colourful as well.



Acting: 10/10


Story: 9.5/10


Atmosphere: 9.5/10


Overall: 9.5/10


Rated G (ONT) G (USA) Great heart warming movie all the way around.














28 Weeks Later

All I can say after watching this movie:
FUCKING KIDS!

Ah... had to get that off my chest. Overall I don't think 28W was as stylized as 28D. The acting was okay but it fell short of 28D. It also felt much shorter than 28D and I'm not sure whether that's a good or bad thing. Overall there wasn't as much idea as the first movie in my opinion



Acting: 7.5/10


Story: 6/10


Atmosphere: 8/10


Overall: 7.5/10


Rated 18-A (ONT) R (USA) Great first half but fumbles with the ending a bit.

1 comment:

Stephanie Curtis said...

hey, dark knight was amazing from wat i saw of it anyway.... but i'd gladly see it again!