Thursday, July 9, 2009

Game Review: Halo Wars


Halo Wars is an RTS based in the Halo universe. The plot is nothing special, Covenant take a thing, try to blow up the world... yadda yadda. In the end it doesn't have an impact on the Halo universe we know and love.
The problem I have with the game is that the pace seems kind of slow. Also a thing that bothered me was that you could on build a couple buildings and defences. And they can only go in specific places around the main construction base. I like the Red Alert scheme where you could build building anywhere around a building you own. It let you be creative with your bases. But they did it for easier controls.
In the end there's nothing wrong with the game. It has some interesting scenarios. However when I finished and looked at the achievements, I thought "ugh". And I knew right then, if playing through levels was feeling like a hassle, I was done. I traded it in for money.
Programming: 9/10 : Very well made game, controls really well too.
Graphics: 7.5/10 : The graphics are pretty good for a RTS
Story: 5/10 : The story kind of weak because of the low impact on the Halo universe.
Atmosphere: 9/10 : The Halo units are done really well
Multiplayer: NA/10 : Didn't really play multiplayer
Overall: 7/10 : Like I said I didn't hold onto the game.

No comments: